Friday, February 6, 2009

I might be buying 10 pairs of Harley undies



Quick entry today... I have the day to myself and I desperately need to take advantage of it. We've had a dumpster in our driveway for nearly a month. We got it when we put in the hardwood floors and I kept it with intentions of going through nearly every room in our house to donate and throw away all of the excess c#@p we've collected over the past 12 years. It's top priority on the to do list today.

I wanted to give a quick update on the undies situation. If you read my last blog entry, you know that on last Saturday, Cole decided he wanted to wear undies to bed like Connor. He wore them Saturday night and I'm ELATED to report that he has worn undies every minute since then!!!! He has let us change his underwear each day and makes requests on whether he wants the John Deere or Harley Davidson undies. So far, the Harley ones are winning. In fact, I'm heading to the HD store today to see if I can buy 3-4 more packages! Cole specifically likes the ones with flames on them. You go Cole.

I don't think it's possible to express how relieved and proud I am. We have been working on potty training and underwear for years. I've read books, received professional help, made picture schedules, and nothing was working for Cole. Maybe it just had to be his idea? Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic that Cole will stay in his undies. They have to be a million times more comfortable than the size 4T Pull Ups he had been wearing. 

I thought I would also share a picture of his new room. The flooring turned out beautiful and Cole loves his new tractor wall decorations, bedding and fuzzy new rug. The wall padding has been wonderful. He has put his head through the sheet rock in his room countless times. The wall padding has made these blows softer for Cole's head and seems to be saving the walls. Someday we'll have to fix what is underneath the padding but that is the least of my worries right now.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the "warm" weather. I'm off to purge toys, clothes, and who knows what else. And then I'm going to the Harley store to buy more undies. I think Cole deserves every pair in the store.



No comments: